1. In what ways have access to online digital networks put more power in the hands of the citizens of countries?
In what ways have access to online digital networks put more power in the hands of the citizens of countries?
Ex. Facebook’s impact on the overthrown of the Egyptian government
2. Has the Internet helped create a stronger sense of community in our society, or has community been lost due to the Internet?
For example: are there differences between online communities/networks vs. in-person communities? are there limitations for both types of communities? Is one community stronger than the other?
3. What do you think a cyberculture looks like? What does a cyberculture member look like? How do they act?
Think of the Mac vs. PC images. What about traditional corporate business world vs. the techno-savvy generation?
4. How has the introduction of the ‘personal computer’ and ‘the World Wide Web’ changed our way of life?
For example: Has communication, knowledge, relationships, news, entertainment, privacy (pretty much all aspects of life) been changed because of these technological advances? Could our lives go on with out these technological advancements?
5. Should governments or businesses regulate/censor the internet within their own country, or should the internet remain open worldwide? Why or why not?
Ex: China censors their internet. What kind of problems does this create in a world-wide community? What would happen if everyone regulated the internet? What would happen if there was no regulation?